Search This Blog

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Job

Whenever asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, "Certainly, I can!" 
Then get busy and find out how to do it.
~ Theodore Roosevelt
- - - - -
 
It's difficult to give people a sense of who you are in a short period of time.  Like on a bus or in a meeting or a job interview or in the quiet area of a library.  I think we should try, though.  I think that when we share ourselves in a genuine and non-creepy way, that is good.  It bonds us to our fellow human beings.  It makes us part of a community and of the world - a part of something larger than ourselves. 
 
I also think you have to be careful what you share, though.  For example, I think that if I was interviewing someone and they said that they didn't sleep well, I probably would't give them the job.  Seriously, if you can't do that right, how are you going to be able to do this job?!

No comments:

Post a Comment