Search This Blog

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Life

Believe that life is worth living and 
your belief will help create the fact.
~ William James
- - - - -

I sometimes wonder what people will say about me when I'm gone.  Not necessarily when I'm dead - I don't particularly want to imagine all the crying and moaning and tearing of frocks that will take place then.  I just wonder what they might say if I move away or am out of touch for a while.  Or - okay - maybe if I'm just in the other room.

In my wondering the stuff they always say is good and nice and complimentary.  Of course.  Why would I spend time imagining them saying bad things.  That seems counterproductive.

I heard something the other day - I don't remember where or who said it...  But I hope someday someone says it about me.  "She was good at life."

(pause)

I guess that would fit best if I was deceased rather than just in the other room.  The past-tenseness of it seems weird if I'm just a few feet away.

I'm good at life sometimes.  I could do better.  Guess I will start.  You should, too.  I mean, it's not like I want people to say, "She was better at life than that other person."

(pause)

Or maybe I do.  I'm kind of competitive.

(pause)

Nah.  "She was good at life," will suffice.  It doesn't have to be, "She was the BEST at life."  I mean, even if it's true, I don't need people to say that.  I'll be dead after all.  And being good at death.

(pause)

This is a lot more morbid than the running dog photo might have indicated it was going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment