Search This Blog

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Zen

Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and right doing there is a field.
I'll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass the world is too full to talk about.
~ Rumi
- - - - -

We don't spend enough time lying in the grass.  

Instead we spend time lying to ourselves.  Pursuing things instead of enjoying moments.  Trying to buy ourselves happy when happiness in within us and around us.

We spend time believing the lies others sell us.  We "deserve" things.  More and more expensive is better than less and free.

It actually makes me sad sometimes if I think about it deeply.

But that's not what I'm thinking about as I lie in the grass.

I'm thinking about the bugs on me.  And how I should probably mow the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment