Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wise

Modest doubt is called a beacon of the wise.
~ William Shakespeare
- - - - -

I think wisdom is a great thing.  I think it's a huge compliment to be called wise.  I think that the pursuit of wisdom is a good and worthy pursuit, but I'm not 100% you get to be wise by pursuing wisdom.  I think maybe wisdom comes to you -- often when you least expect it.

Lots of things are unexpected.  Which keeps life interesting.  Like the exchange my brother and I had last night.  I ended up posting an image of a yeti and Bigfoot giving each other a high five.  Kirk said, "Cool.  The Abominable Snowman and an owl."  I said, "Yeti and Bigfoot."  He said, "Oh.  Duh.  That makes more sense."

Yes, it DOES make more sense.  An owl is too wise to give a high five to an abominable snowman because abominable snow people probably eat owls.  At least the snow people probably aren't vegetarians since all the vegetation is frozen in the land of abominable snow people.  It's a NATION of abominable snow people.  An abomination, if you will!

Also, an owl is too wise to do that because it doesn't have "five" to give.  It has a wing.  And an abominable snowman would break an owl's wing giving a high five -- even if he tried to be really gentle.  They don't know their own strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment