Search This Blog

Friday, September 13, 2013

Impressions

Light travels faster than sound.  That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
~ Alan Dundes
- - - - -

I am horrible at assessing people based on first impressions.  Horrible.  There are some exceptions, but very few.

I think most of the time I try to give people a fair shot - well beyond whatever the first impression might be.  Maybe sometimes I don't.  And maybe other times I give them a LONG time before I realize how they are -- good, bad or otherwise.

You know that saying, "You only get one chance to make a first impression?"  I agree with that.  I think what we forget sometimes, though, is that first impressions are shallow and making one involves pretty much superficial stuff.

Maybe that's just me, though.  And I know my friend Rose would agree with me.  How you are over time - the quality of your character - that is far more important than if you have on matching shoes.  Right, Rose?

No comments:

Post a Comment