Search This Blog

Friday, September 20, 2013

Art

I want a tattoo over my heart that reads, "TRY HARDER YOU LAZY PARAMEDIC SHITBAG OR I WILL HAUNT YOUR BEDROOM FOREVER."
~ Warren Ellis
- - - - -

I was looking for a quote to go with the other dandelion photo I posted two days ago.  One of the things to pop up on my computer was a post, "Does anyone know a good quote to go with a dandelion tattoo?"

This concerns me.  I'm not opposed to tattoos.  I think they can be beautiful and art and meaningful.  I just think that tattoos ought to have significance for the person getting them.  And asking interlopers and the internet about what sort of permanent body modification you should get seems unwise.

It's kind of like believing your body is your temple and then inviting strangers to paint graffiti on it.  But - hey - your temple, your rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment