Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sunset

The first stab of love is like a sunset, a blaze of color - 
oranges, pearly pinks, vibrant purples.
~ Anna Godbersen
- - - - -

I love sunset.  I love the colors and the clouds when there are clouds and the hint of the mysterious night which is creeping its way across the horizon and through the sky.  I like to think of it as God doing a painting at the end of the day.  Some days I even think, "Nice work," when I see the sunset.

I realize it could seem risky to be an art critic for God.  S/He really doesn't need my praise to know the works is good work.  But we all like a little recognition now and then.  And I think gratitude is important.  Also, it's not like some days I go, "Wow, God.  That sunset sucks."  Because it's not like I can make a sunset.  Or even just the sun.  (Pause)  Or a barn for that matter.

Or a lot of other things.  Like, say, an over easy egg.  At least I can't do that last one consistently.  I can, however, make one that is sunny side up.  And, thus, this blog has come almost full circle.  Like a huge glowing circle in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment