Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Storm

They sicken of the calm who know the storm.
~ Dorothy Parker
- - - - -

I like storms.  I like them best when I am at home and not having to travel through them, but I like them.  I know that they can symbolize anger or violence or change.  I like the change part the best.  Sometimes change happens without a single big storm or event.  It happens slowly and gradually over time.  Sometimes a storm brings change in crashing and thundering and wind and rain and lightning.

There are lots of different kinds of storms which bring different kinds of change.  The first big snowstorm of a season can change the landscape and represent a visible change of the seasons.  A spring shower may bring flowers (or something like that).  A sandstorm can  bring a lot of sand and increase broom sales.  Even a storm that brings pennies from heaven brings change.

No comments:

Post a Comment