Search This Blog

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Opinions

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world 
is also a confession of character.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- - - - -

Today is my mom's birthday.  She is a woman of strong opinions.  She is also pretty generous in sharing said opinions.  Kirk inherited all of that from birth.  My inheritance of that trait has developed over time.  The oldsters in my family (I'm not calling my mother an oldster.  Not publicly.)  tend to get more and more opinionated or at least more and more generous with the sharing of said opinions as they get older.

I think that's fair.  If you make it to 75 or 85 or 100 you probably should get to say whatever you want. That said...  you have a few more years before "you probably should get to say whatever you want," Mom.  Let's not forget that, okay?

Happy birthday from the best gift you ever received.

No comments:

Post a Comment