Search This Blog

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday

“Sunday is the only day you have to push like a handcart,’ Thomas wrote in The Book Of Everything. ’ The other days roll down the bridge by themselves.”
~ Guus Kuijer
- - - - -

I love this quote.  Sundays are hard work.  There are a few Sundays I have enjoyed - relaxing and reflecting and rejuvenating.  Most Sundays I am preoccupied because Monday is the next day.   Monday brings routine and schedules and a structure that is mostly disconcerting.  I'm not sure the time I spend on Friday being excited for the weekend makes up for the time I spend on Sunday being less excited for the obligations of the world of work.

However, I wouldn't want a month of Sundays or Saturdays, either.  I get easily bored and have tendencies toward isolation that might not be good for me.  And where would you find a calendar with a month of Sundays?  Don't say "At the 'Month of Sundays Calendar Store,'" because you and I both know that place doesn't exist.

It might be good to sell those kinds of calendars off of the handcart you're pushing around.  Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment