Search This Blog

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Iowa


My father taught me to work; he did not teach me to love it.  I never did like work and I don't deny it.  I'd rather read, tell stories, crack jokes, talk, laugh, anything but work.
~ Abraham Lincoln

- - - - -

Larry told me a joke a while ago.  He said, "A woman went out east to meet her future in-laws.  When her future mother-in-law asked where she was from, the woman replied, "Iowa."  The future mother-in-law scoffed and said, "Here we pronounce it O-HI-O."

Larry paused a moment and then said, "You know, though, when you're from Ohio you don't pronounce it O-HI-O.  You prounounce it A-H-A."

So, my friends, who is the joke REALLY on?

And, if what Larry says is true, I think Ohio should change it's motto to "Land of Discovery."  Because "AHA: Land of Discovery" is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment