Search This Blog

Friday, September 6, 2013

Smart

Being with someone who is smart and gives good advice adds tremendously wonderful elements to your life.
~ Patricia Cornwell
- - - - -

Leslie is one of the smartest people I know.  I like that about her.  I like smart people.  I don't care so much for people who aren't smart.  I don't mean people who haven't had educational opportunities, I mean people who choose not to think.  Or don't think before they speak.  Being unkind, in my mind is not being smart.  What rewards do you reap when you are unkind?

Was it unkind of Leslie to dominate the Harry Truman quiz we took at the Truman Presidential Library?  Or was it just her being smart?  Well, since I was trying to "win," then if I say it was unkind of her to ACTUALLY win, then that would make me unkind for trying to win.  Therefore, it was clearly not unkind.  She is just smart.

And also she probably paid more attention to the displays than I did.  I'm smart, but sometimes easily distracted which can make me look unfocused and unable to retain information.  But isn't that what we have libraries for to begin with?  To retain information?  Yes.  And also why we have librarians.  So, you can see, I was at a disadvantage from the get go.  And also I had my camera and that is what I use to focus sometimes.  Which is a way that I am able to focus sometimes.   I love photography so much.  What were we talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment