Search This Blog

Friday, September 27, 2013

Dandelion

It is the mind which creates the world around us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld in yours, my heart will never stir to the emotions with which yours is touched.
~ George Gissing
- - - - -

 I don't think I agree with George Gissing.  I think that - while we may not see things in exactly the same way, we can certainly be stirred by similar things and experience similar emotions.  I think that is the beauty of human connection.  Not exact duplication.  Not precise and programmed response.  Instead, common and shared moments.  Isn't that what allows us to care and build community and support one another?

And also, can you please not stand quite so close to me in this meadow?  You're weirding me out a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment