Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Attitude

Nothing more completely baffles one who is full of trick and duplicity 
than straightforward and simple integrity in another
~ Charles Caleb Colton
- - - - -

Leslie and I were talking about a person the other day.  I had written Leslie earlier to say that I wasn't sure if I hated anyone, but if I DID hate anyone I would probably hate this person.  Though I've never met her, let's just say her actions speak loudly enough for me to make this sort of assessment.  Because I'm judgmental.  Or so I've been told.  Which is why a career in judicial affairs suits me.

Anyway...  Leslie said, "I don't know that you should hate her.  I don't think you should hate anyone.  Well, maybe Hitler.  He'd be higher on the list than she would be."

I said, "I don't rank the people that I hate or almost hate.  I just almost hate them."

Leslie, "You don't score them on a Likert Scale?"

I said, "No.  I score them on an UNLIKErt Scale."

No comments:

Post a Comment