Search This Blog

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Forgiveness

To err is human, to forgive divine.
~ Alexander Pope
- - - - -

I am very good at forgiving small unkindnesses.  I understand how they happen.  I do small unkind things every day.  

I stink at forgiving big unkindnesses.  I know I would be better off if I knew how to forgive them.  I'm even very interested in exploring how to forgive them.  I just don't know how.  When it comes to those sorts of things, this quote works better for me than the one above:

There is something to pardon in everything.  
There is also something to condemn.
~ Friedrich Nietzsche
 
That should not be confused with, "There is something of Dolly Parton in everything."  While that might be true, that is not what I'm focusing on here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment