Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Worries

When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.
~ Winston Churchill
- - - - -
 
The other day Leslie and I were in a bookstore and I saw pizzas for sale by the cash register.  They were not refrigerated, nor were they cooked.  You took them home, assembled them and then cooked them.
 
Leslie:  What's wrong?
 
Me:  This.  This is wrong.
 
Leslie:  What do you mean?
 
Me:  It's not refrigerated.
 
Leslie:  It says it doesn't need to be refrigerated.
 
Me:  I know that.  It just seems wrong that we would create something like this and sell it and people would buy it and think that it constitutes a meal.  I can't imagine that it is very healthy.  It must be super-preservatived.
 
Leslie: (mumbles)
 
Me:  What?
 
Leslie:  (repeats herself - I still don't hear her)
 
Me:  One more time?
 
Leslie:  You worry too much.
 
Me:  (long pause)  I can't believe you said that.  And I really can't believe you repeated it three times!
 
You see, Leslie worries A LOT.  So much so that I bolded, capitalized and underlined "a lot" in the previous sentence.  She has a lot going on. You could say we all do. And we all do. I'm just saying she has a lot.
 
She also is much more responsible than I am. I'm not saying I'm irresponsible. That might be the case, but I'm not saying it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment