Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Seasons

Love the trees until their leaves fall off, 
then encourage them to try again next year.
~ Chad Sugg
- - - - -

I like that things change with the seasons.  I have lived places where the seasons aren't as visible as here in Iowa.  I like that the leaves change.  The leaves fall.  The leaves get buried under snow.  The leaves spring from the trees again.  The leaves provide shade in the summer.  The leaves fall.  The leaves get buried under snow.  The leaves spring from the trees again.  The leaves provide shade in the summer.

You get the idea.

But I also love the other changes during the seasons.  The stuff they sell in Target changes with the seasons.  The clothes people wear change with the seasons.  The foods we eat and the drinks we drink change with the seasons.  We anticipate those things.

Like the other day, I was having a meeting with Sara at The Hub.  She said, "If they have apple cider, I'm gonna get it.  I bet they don't,, but if they do, it will make me so happy."

I said, "Okay.  But if they have banana cider, don't get it because I bet it's blecchy."

They had apple cider.  She was so happy.

I love fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment