Search This Blog

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanks

If the only prayer you ever said in your life was,
"Thank you," that would suffice.
~ Meister Eckhart
- - - - -
A lot of people are doing 30 days of gratitude or 365 days of gratitude.  November and Thanksgiving are times of gratitude, I guess.  It's good to be thankful.  Why people put a day limit on gratitude is odd to me.  It seems like we should be consciously and intentionally grateful every day.  Multiple times ever day.
I love Thanksgiving because of the gratitudinal foundation.  I'm not sure gratitudinal is a word, but I would really appreciate it if it was.  Anyway, I think it's good to be thankful. 
I'm thankful for way more things than I can list.  I am thankful for farmers and corn and food - things important during Thanksgiving and the harvest celebrations.  I am thankful for family and friends.  I am thankful for a sense of humor - which is the only thing that has gotten me through some of the more difficult times.  I am thankful for love and creativity and harmony and the moments of Zen I think I might have accidentally experienced.
And I'm thankful that we won't be eating seed corn this holiday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment