Search This Blog

Friday, November 8, 2013

Water

Don't you realize that the sea is the home of water?  All water is off on a journey unless it's in the sea, and it's homesick and bound to make its way home someday.
~ Zora Neale Hurston
- - - - -

I love the sound of water.  The ocean.  A river.  A creek.  A big fountain in a park.  A little fountain inside.  A water fountain.  I love it.  I think it's because it's about motion and water as a core part of us as human beings.  Or maybe it is the energy or the sense of change or cleanliness or something.  I'm not sure why I love it, but I do.

I don't understand why some people don't like the sound of fountains.  I know a lot of them say that the sound makes them have to pee, but why?  Why would a fountain do that, but not the ocean?  I'm sure there is WAY MORE pee in an ocean than in a little fountain on my desk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment