Search This Blog

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Door

I was the kid next door's imaginary friend.
~ Emo Phillips


- - - - -

I think every kid should have a kid next door.  It's good to have a friend.  Siblings are fine, but you're sort of stuck with them.  I think friends REALLY help you figure out how to navigate conflict.  They help you decide what is important and what you are willing to let go of.

Kids who have a mean old lady next door have a different kind of experience.  A mean old lady can help you figure out how to navigate conflict.  They help you decide what is important and...

Wait a minute. 

I guess what I mean to say is that kids shouldn't live next to an empty lot.  If they do, the other kids might gather there and say it's THEIR lot.  Then the kid will have to figure out how to navigate...

Hm.

I guess it doesn't matter what a kid lives next door to.  I just hope they don't live next door to me.  I don't need to live next door to kids with all these conflicts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment