Search This Blog

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Mysterious

I do not understand the mystery of grace - only that it meets us 
where we are but does not leave us where it found us.
~ Anne Lamott
- - - - -

I have always liked mysteries.  I like not knowing all the answers - or at least not knowing them all right away.  I think it keeps us engaged.  Mysteries - or the possibility of mysteries - sometimes keep us paying attention.  And mysteries keep us thinking.

I like seeing movies or reading books with mysteries.  Usually, I like them more if there is information for you to be able to solve the mystery if you are paying attention.  I don't like them as much when at the end they say something like, "But what you didn't know was..." and then throw in the mystery-solving information.

I would not like the end of my life to be an unsolved mystery.  A solved mystery might be okay.  Well, as long as the solution was something happy and not something tragic.  (pause)  Mysteries are usually solved by tragedy, though.  Or so it seems.

I think more mysteries should be solved by comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment