Search This Blog

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Adventure

The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost,
to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt

- - - - -

I have an amazing life. I get to write and read a lot.  I get to interact with students - who are the best.  I get to interact with people who care about students - also awesome.

I got to see a giant rubber duck.  I know how to juggle (a little).  I know how to make a really good hard boiled egg.  I know how to fix vacuum cleaners.  I know how to make a giant fire out of a smaller, pre-existing fire.

I get to have amazing adventures (real and imagined).

In fact, most of my real adventures get imagined in new ways when I recall or retell them.  I like that.  Leslie does not always like it because sometimes I alter the dialogue we have on those adventures.  I consider it creative memory.  She sometimes considers it misrepresentation.  I think she just doesn't appreciate it when I give myself all the good lines - regardless of the fact that she might have originally said some of them.