Search This Blog

Monday, January 13, 2014

Feet

If you have feet, walk!  If you have wings, fly!  
Whatever you have, use them!  Don't let them to rust!
~ Mehmet Murat ildan
- - - - -

People get old.  Things hurt when people get old.  I think they hurt in different ways.  Like the aches and pains of the heart and soul might mellow with age.  I think maybe they do.  I'm not sure if we don't have the energy to hurt in our hearts the way we did before or if it's that we know pain passes.  And maybe that isn't even true for everyone.  

But the hurt OF our hearts and feet and backs probably increases with age.  Not the emotional hurting (although my back has never hurt emotionally, I don't think), but the actual hurting.  Wear and tear, I suppose.

One thing I don't think I'll struggle with is having brittle bones.  I have always had a pretty good calcium intake, so I think I might be okay there.  But if I must have brittle bones, I hope I get peanut brittle bones because that would really throw the doctors off.  And also, mmmm.  Peanut brittle.