Search This Blog

Monday, January 27, 2014

Resolve


Don't ever give up.  Don't ever give in.  Don't ever stop trying.  Don't ever sell out.  And if you find yourself succumbing to one of the above for a brief moment, pick yourself up, brush yourself off, whisper a prayer, and start where you left off.  But never, ever, ever give up.
~ Richelle E. Goodrich
- - - - -

I like New Year's Day.  I don't like New Year's Eve.  I think I've shared that.  I like the reflective part of it, but I don't like that some people use the last day of the year to behave irresponsibly.  Of course, that probably isn't the only day we as human beings behave irresponsibly.  I know some people do that for a few days in June and that one day in August and those four days that fall randomly in September and October.

But I digress…

My point is that I like New Year's day because it is a new year.  A new start.  But I read something recently and it made me realize that it is silly to wait until January 1st (a randomly chosen day to begin with) to start over.  Instead of New Year's Resolutions, I think we might all be better served to make New Day's Resolutions.

And - for a few of you - New Minute's Resolutions might be even better.

(pause)

You know who you are.