Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Cold

Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; 
and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- - - - -

It has been cold lately.  Lots of people have commented.  My friend Stephanie commented that people ought to quit commenting and added something along the lines of, "It gets cold and then it gets less cold.  Quit whining!"  

Okay, I'm not sure that's exactly how she phrased it, but it was something like that.

And now people are doing all kind of wintry experiments.  Like throwing boiling water in the air to make clouds.  Some of them get burned by the boiling water.  Or blowing bubbles to make works of art as they freeze.  Well, after looking all over town for some bubbles on Sunday, I discovered that it isn't just regular bubble solution but a secret concoction.  I haven't had a chance to try the secret concoction, but Kristy said it sort of worked.  Or freezing bananas to use as hammers.  or whatever.

Well, I had sort of reverse freezing cold experience.  I put some pears in the freezer the other day so I could have some cold pears for dessert.  I forgot about them.  Then they froze.  I thought the most interesting things about the pears was going to be that they put the label on the can upside down from the end with the pull tab thing.  Instead, I have now invented Frozen Pear Snack. 

(pause)

I should come up with a better name for it.

"PEARadICE Dessert"
"Frozen Fruit Can"
"Mistake."

Whatever I call it, it is good.  It takes a LOT of effort to eat it, but it's good.

If I ever get on a competitive cooking show, I won't get very far.

But if I ever get on a competitive freezing show, I might win.

(pause)

Sometimes my posts are rambly.