Search This Blog

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Unexpected

 
This is unexpected...  like squirt from an aggressive grapefruit.
~ Earl Derr Biggers
- - - - -
 
I was driving around and came upon this castleland.  I wanted to drive through it.  It looked like there were some interesting things there.  It was some sort of housing development.  The castle and knight things were not things I had anticipated seeing as I was roving around Iowa.
 
But I didn't go in there.  I can't remember if there was a sign that said I shouldn't.  Not that I always abide by those signs.  I can't remember if someone drove by and looked at me like, "Don't even think of going in there." (I know that look).
 
I do remember I was listening to a This American Life story about a girl who was falsely accused of murder and it ruined her life.  So maybe I was a little more attuned to following rules than I might have otherwise been.
 
Anyway, surprises are fun.
Except for the ones that are not.  Those kind are terrifying.