Search This Blog

Friday, January 24, 2014

Notes

He listens well who takes notes.
~ Dante Aligheri
- - - - -
 
Anyone who knows me or has ever been in a meeting with me knows that I take a lot of notes.  Those notes end up in different places, settings and are utilized in a variety of ways.  It actually helps me think better to take notes.  I used to doodle when I was in grade school because THAT helped me listen better.  Then I got in trouble for doodling, so now I take notes.
 
One challenge, however, is that I sometimes forget why I wrote certain things down.  For example, the other day I saw a note I had written that read, "215 or whenever."  This morning I saw one that said, "Share w/ others."  I also have, "Every two weeks" and "areas of expertise."
 
I don't mind that I don't know what these mean.  I figure that it will give my future biographers some wiggle room for speculation.  After all, I really would like people to use creative writing in the making of my biographies.  I certainly use creative writing in capturing my autobiography.