Search This Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Music

Without music, life would be a mistake.
~ Friedrich Nietzsche
- - - - -

I love music.  Sometimes I get obsessed with a single song.  The last time that happened, I think maybe it was "Counting Stars" by One Republic.  Or maybe it was "Demons" by Imagine Dragons.  It doesn't necessarily matter for the purposes of this post.  My point in this paragraph was going to be that sometimes I play a song over and over again because it resonates with me.  For whatever reason.

Other times I explore to try and find new music.  I let Pandora guide me or I try to find out what other people are listening to.  Or sometimes I even listen to the radio.  Rarely, but sometimes.  

Okay, that's not true.  I listen to the radio all the time.  It' just usually NPR.

But I digress.

What I'm trying to say here is that I really like music.  It helps me in a lot of ways.  I know not everyone loves music.  That is okay, I guess.  Odd to me, but okay for others.  Personally, I think everyone should have a song in her or his heart.  And I think everyone does.  Some people don't choose very well, though and the songs in their hearts probably feel like heartburn.  

The song in my heart feels like, "WooHoo!  I love music!"  And also, "How about some Squeeze?  You haven't listened to Squeeze in a while."

Hey!  Know what?  I just thought of something.  Hearts have chambers.  Like chamber music.  I think everyone has a song in the music chamber of her or his heart.  

(pause)

But it doesn't have to be actual chamber music.  You might want to have Squeeze in your heart instead.