Search This Blog

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Old

You are never too old to set another goal
or dream a new dream.
~ C. S. Lewis
- - - - -

I like old things.  Old signs.  Old stuff.  Old stories.  I'm sure that is at least part of why I was a history major as an undergraduate.  I think the things from the past have helped determine the present and chart the course for the future.  Old people are always trying to tell the rest of us what to do.  Of course, young people do the same thing.

Why is everyone so bossy?

Anyway, around the holidays we were at Mom and Dad's.  Mom started talking about the Old Folks' brand sausage we were eating.  Erik insisted that Old Folks' was a brand of retirement homes.

They might both be right.  I just hope if Mom is right she's not right  in a "Sweeney Todd" / "Soylent Green" kind of way.  

(pause)

I think Sweeney Green would be a good name for a serial killer character in a book or movie.

(pause)

My mind wanders a lot.  But that's okay.  I like to see where it goes.