Search This Blog

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Teacher


I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, 
when they aren't trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.
~ Umberto Eco
- - - - -

I think you can learn a lot from a father.  I won't go into specifics because then it would have the potential to be about gender and might stir up a bunch of arguments because of the huge following my blog has.  Like if I said you can learn to drive from a father, someone would say, "What?!  You CAN'T learn to drive from a mother?!!"  And that wouldn't be what I mean.

You can learn a lot from a father and a mother.  And a grandmother.  And an aunt.  And a grandfather. And a neighbor.  Or someone on the news.  Or from a child.  Or a slightly older child.

Let's face it, you just have a LOT to learn, okay?