Search This Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Communication

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion it takes place.
~ George Bernard Shaw
- - - - - 

I think it is amazing how communication works.  People communicate in lots of ways.  Verbally.  Non-verbally.  Psychically.  Emotionally.  In writing.  Animals do, too.  And insects.  We don't always understand each other.  Like bees don't understand that I'm saying, "Please stay away from my head."  Squirrels don't understand that I'm saying, "Stand still.  I want to take your picture."  Snakes don't understand that I'm saying, "You startled me!"

I'm glad I don't understand their communication, though.  I bet a lot of it is either, "AH!  You scared the CRAP out of me!" or "RRRR!  I'm going to have you for dinner!"  And that would get redundant after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment