Search This Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Worms


I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird 
and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.
~ Franklin D. Roosevelt
- - - - - -
Sara gave us worms for the holidays.  Literally.  It's a long story about why she did that, but she did.  And we really appreciated them.  And, you know what?  You learn a lot about a person when he gets a worm.  About his character.  His level of generosity and selflessness and kindness - as is reflected in this conversation...
Wayne:  I just want to touch this.
Joe:  No.
Wayne:  I can't touch your worm?
Joe:  No.
(pause)
And that conversation taken out of context would be disturbing.  That conversation taken in context is merely strange and somewhat uncomfortable.  Okay, maybe it's disturbing.

Incidentally, I was going to post this on Sara's birthday, but she said it was December 32nd and I missed it.  Then she told me the real date. 

I really have no control over these people.  

Which is as it should be.