Search This Blog

Friday, March 21, 2014

Connections

Only connect!
~ E. M. Forster
- - - - -

Connections are important.  Connections matter.  We can't go where we need to go alone.  We can't live the lives we're meant to live in isolation.  We can't experience the whole when we are only small parts.  Small parts in isolation are isotopes.  I think that's what isotopes are.  I'm no scientist.  I need to be connected with scientists who understand isotopes.  Otherwise, I might as well live in a vacuum.  The big vacuous nothingness kind of vacuum.  Not like a Hoover.  Not like a Hooverville.  Not like Whoville.  Those are all different things.  I know more about Hoovervilles and Whovilles than isotopes, though.  It takes all kinds of us to make the world what it is and to make it what it could be.  Together the possibilities are endless.  Alone the possibilities are endful.

My point is that without connections we are disconnected.  And disconnection is bad.  Because it starts with the word "disco."  And disco is bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment