Search This Blog

Friday, March 7, 2014

Mmmm

My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy the ice cream while it's on your plate.
~ Thornton Wilder
- - - - -
Ice cream is a pretty great creation.  And all the ways we work with it and create with it and build upon it.  You can do a lot with ice cream.  Some people really like it.  A LOT.  Some people kind of like it.  a little.  Others can't have it because they are lactose intolerant.  Which I hate.  I can't stand intolerance.

At the end of the year there is a peppermint ice cream that Leslie really likes.  She rarely eats ice cream.  Or any dessert.  But she likes this particular ice cream.  Last year was the first time I had tried it. 

"Mmmm," she said.  "Isn't it so good?" 

I nodded.

"It's better than West Virginia," she added.

"What?" I asked only because her comment made no sense to me.

"West Virginia is almost heaven.  This is better."