Search This Blog

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Seuss

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.  Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life though the wrong end of a telescope.  Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
~ Dr. Seuss
- - - - -

I saw this on a recent walk.  I'm not sure this little fish was laughing at all of life's realities.  Then, I guess, if you think about it most of us don't do that.  At least not in the moment.  I heard someone say one time:

Tragedy + Time = Comedy

In the case of this fish, though, I think tragedy plus time equals dead fish.  We learn from everything, though.  Some people might see this and think about how valuable life is.  Others might think about the environment.  Others might think about how we are all a part of the world around us.  Others might think, "gross."

Dr. Seuss might think, "I need to write a book called One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish."