Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Creativity


Creativity takes courage.
~ Henri Matisse
- - - - -

I love creativity.  I like it when someone looks at things in a way I would never think to look at things.  Sometimes it is humorous.  Sometimes distracting.  Sometimes disturbing.  Sometimes it just makes me stop and think.  I like that.

And I respect the fact that not everyone's creativity resonates with every individual.  If we were all the same, it would be boring.  For example, Leslie doesn't particularly care for "Precious Moments" figurines.  I think there are a few she likes or at least some that have sentimental meaning to her.  Maybe just one, I forget.  But overall, it's not her favorite genre of tchotchke.

I think instead of little children or animals hanging out and being cute and doing kid things, she might enjoy figurines of kids creating art or changing the world or moving beyond the expectations the world has of them - or, more importantly, moving beyond the expectations the kids have of themselves.

I think if I make those figurines, I'll call them "Precocious Moments."  

No comments:

Post a Comment