Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Bridge

Some people believe that when you die, you cross the River of Death and have to pay the ferryman.  People don't seem to worry about that these days.  Perhaps there's a bridge now.
~ Terry Pratchett
- - - - -

I appreciate a bridge.  I like bridges a lot.  You may already know that.

And, while I certainly appreciate a bridge over troubled waters, I really appreciate a bridge over any waters.  Deep waters.  Muddy waters.  Stagnant waters.

Especially if I am wearing socks.

I hate wet socks.

But sometimes there are puddles on bridges over waters.  How ironic is that?!

But my feet are dry right now and - so far as I know - all my socks are dry, too.  I need to let go of the past, I guess.

As Patty said the other day, "That's all water over the bridge."

So wise, my friend.  So wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment