Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Inspiration

You have to write a book that wants to be written.  And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.
~ Madeleine L'Engle
- - - - -

Today is Elizabeth's birthday.  She is part of the reason I started the blog.  To capture her wisdom.  There are other people and other reasons I started it, but she is part of it.

She has always been wise beyond her years.  Sometimes we notice that in people and sometimes we don't realize it at the time.  I like it better when we notice it.

Anyway, the other day I was going through a sketchbook I have and I saw I had scribbled this down.  I think it is just one example of how wise Elizabeth is.

me:  Elizabeth, what makes a good day?

Elizabeth:  No diarrhea, no upset stomach, and I make good choices.

I think that pretty much sums it up.