Search This Blog

Friday, June 6, 2014

Writing

Concentrate on what you want to say to yourself and your friends.  Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness.  You say what you want to say when you don't care who's listening.
~ Allen Ginsberg
- - - - -

This photo is of the place where I write my blog.  And surf my internet.  And write on my papers.  

My birthday is a month from today.  

What does my writing place have to do with my birthday?  Well, this year, for my birthday, I think you should all write me a very detailed note about what a positive force I have been in your lives.  How your world is a little brighter because I am in it.

I saw someone the other day ask people to post something on his timeline for his birthday.  I think it was something like, "Instead of birthday greetings, post something that makes you happy today."  Or "For my birthday, on my timeline I'd like you to post your favorite thing about yourself."  I can't remember what it was exactly that he wrote.

Some people might think that is nice.  That it is a nice way to celebrate your birthday.  Or to help other people focus on positive things for a day.  

It is nice.  

I'd rather have a long and very detailed note, though.  Or cash.  Cash is always good.  It's the gift that keeps on giving when you spend it.  Then it stops giving.  Unless you use it to buy a chicken - then you might keep being given eggs.  Or if you use it to rent a clown.  Then it keeps on giving you the creeps.  And nausea.


No comments:

Post a Comment