Search This Blog

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Kirk

I've never been in love, but if a penguin can find a soul mate, I'm sure I can, too.
~ Rebekah Crane
- - - - -

Today my brother Kirk and his partner Jared are getting married.  I am happy for them.  I like Jared.   He has made my brother a better person - less self-absorbed.  Kirk is a wonderful mix of being a youngest and "almost" an only child (since he is quite a bit younger than Erik and I).  

Kirk's birthday is two days after Christmas.  We weren't allowed to use Christmas paper to wrap his birthday presents so that he could feel even more special.  This is probably part of the problem when it comes to his self-sense of wonderfulness.  

Anyway, the photo above is the wrapping paper I think I used for his birthday gift last year.  You might think at first that it was holiday paper since it was silver and had penguins which sort of get more socially acceptable in the winter months.  But you can see how I cleverly converted it to birthday paper.

I'm brilliant and awesome.  

(pause)  

And maybe Kirk's sense of special wonderfulness isn't due to birth order so much as genetics.  

Congratulations, Kirk.  Good luck, Jared.

No comments:

Post a Comment