Search This Blog

Friday, June 13, 2014

Work

I'm not making any plans.  I'm just going to let the universe surprise me.
~ John Cusack
- - - - -

Patty:  What do you want for food & drink at your party?  No, we can't have martinis!!!

Me:  I don't really care...  I like the buttermilk brownies.  Maybe some veggies or fruit?  Punch or lemonade is fine.  Or could we publish it as "BYOB"?  lol  

Sara:  I'm really hoping you say steak and shrimp.

Me:  And also steak and shrimp.  

Me: I think you and Sara and Joe should each choose something, too.  Sara is sort of the one who chose steak and shrimp.

Sara:  Let's add popcorn and cotton candy and mini donuts, and maybe we can rent a clown??  (pause)  But we can't eat the clown.

Patty:  That is a good idea.  I like the carmelitas!! Steak & shrimp, popcorn & pretzels, BYOB!!!  Sounds like a very fun party!!

Me:  And sounds a little like Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. Absolutely no clowns. Why isn't Joe commenting?  The ghosts at Sloss House must have gotten him.

Patty:  They must have.  No comments from Joe?!?!?!?!

Joe:  It's not the ghosts, it's the lack of air conditioning, really.  Steak and shrimp sound good.  No way no how on the clown.  Put me down for some beer while we're at it.

Sara:  We all know he was sleeping.  And he is also locking the house and leaving at 3:30.

Me:  What Joe doesn't know is that you've been working from home all day.  By your 3x3 above ground pool.

Sara:  I soooo much wish I had a 3 x 3 foot above ground pool.  I would just sit on one of those floatie things (with a cup holder on it) with a pillow.  I would be happy.

Joe:  Gonna go ahead and just throw this out there:  How the hell do you fit in a 3ft x 3ft pool?

Sara:  ON A FLOATIE, Joe.  I could put a little coffee table on the one end where my pillow was, or let my legs hang off the other end.  I use my FLOATIE.

Joe:  Oh ok.

Me:  It's not 3 FEET by 3 FEET.  It's 3 inches by 3 inches.  It's actually just a cup.

Patty:  There is no getting around her Joe, let her enjoy her pool and floatie!!!!  She has it all figured out.  Do you really have one, Sara?

Sara:  Heck no. I do however, have an almost finished deck, half-painted, but with the paint peeling on that side.  And a couple large buckets.

Joe:  Then you have a party!!! I always hear a lot of buzz about your parties.  I even heard Sting came by.

Sara:  That is not funny.  But I know you think it is.

Joe:  No I don't.  I judge everything by if you think it's funny or not.  So far nothing in this world is funny.

Sara:  I laugh all the time.  Just not at you.  Wait.  Sometimes I laugh at you.

Me: 
(source: interwebs)


Me: 
(source: interwebs)

Me: 
 (source: interwebs)

Patty:  Awww this is so cute.

Me: 
(source: interwebs)

Me:
(source: interwebs)

Sara:  This is terrifying.

Me:  I concur.

Sara:  Joe has left the building.

Me:  
(source: interwebs)

Patty:  That could be Sara on her back on her floatie and Joe is coming over to dump her off!!

Joe:  Like a plan, that does sound.

The moral of the story is I'm not sure if there will be any food or any party.  The morale of the story is quite high.

No comments:

Post a Comment