Search This Blog

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Summer

One swallow does not make a summer, neither does one fine day; similarly, one day or brief time of happiness does not make a person entirely happy.
~ Aristotle
- - - - -

I like summer.  I like the other seasons, too.  I'm usually ready for summer to end about the time it starts because I love fall so much.  I'm usually ready for winter to end after a few weeks, too because I enjoy spring.  

I like how people make connections between the seasons and life or moods or other things.  We need to pay attention to the seasons so that we aren't wearing Halloween costumes in August - because it's too hot.

A while ago Leslie and I were playing a finish the quotation game.  I like that game.  I often like the quotes we come up with better than the original ones.  Unless I'm losing.  Then I like to know the real quotes.

Anyway, we were playing and this happened:

Game: Shall I compare thee to a summer's day...
Leslie:  (pause)  Or do I have other things to say?

She's the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment