Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Eating

You learn a lot about someone when you share a meal together.
~ Anthony Bourdain
- - - - -
 
I agree with this.  I think it is true whether you go out to eat or eat in someone's home.  You probably learn a little more about them when you eat in their home.  For example, you learn how they cook, how they host, what their world looks like.  You can also learn what medications they take or what ointments they have to use or even what they write in their diaries - depending on how long you have to yourself while they're cooking.
 
You also learn a lot about people when you invite them to your house.  Do they arrive on time?  Do they offer to help?  Do they clean up after themselves?
 
One time I invited friends over for pizza.  One of them asked if she could bring anything.  I thought that was very nice.  I responded, "Yes.  Pizza.  Side dishes. Plates.  And silverware and napkins."

No comments:

Post a Comment