Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2014

Work

Good conversation is just as stimulating as black coffee and just as hard to sleep after.
~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- - - - -

A few times Joe and Sara and I have found ourselves all on Facebook in the evening when we are at home.  By "found" I mean through shared private messages we found each other on Facebook.  Not by peeking in windows and stuff.  Well, I can only speak for myself.  And I plead the fifth on speaking for myself.

So, I had typed a bunch of stuff that we shared, but then realized that not everyone might appreciate that.  While I readily admit that this blog is pretty much stuff I write for my own amusement, I do try to sort of on rare occasions make sure that I'm not putting someone else in the public eye by writing about them.  The public eye being the 20 people who read this.  Which makes it about 40 public eyes.  

Instead, I'll pull just a few quotes, maybe.

Sara:  My daughter just looked over my shoulder and told me our convos reminded her of high school.  I told her we are wayyyyy more funny than stupid high schoolers.

me: We are all legally drunk.  Well, two of us are.  (pause)  Just kidding.  (pause)  We all are.



Joe: "Unemployed and sulking" sounds like the motto for a generation.

me:  When you cry it helps others decide how much you mean to them.

Sara:  Just saw a thing about the Ames Sesquicentennial.  I almost got excited because it looked like "Sarasquatchtennial."  That would have been cool.  Except the whole thing about having to be 150 years old.  And a hairy monster of some kind.

Joe:  Nobody has ever said that I am too mature for anything.
me:  Have they ever said you are too manure for anything?

Sara:  Sometimes our messages are like three people reading the same book with completely different interpretations.

me:  Please give me an example of speaking in the 5th person.  Would it be, "The mysterious person later identified as Michelle Boettcher was identified the day before yesterday"?
Joe:  I think you have to have a special license from the APA to talk in the fifth person.

me:  Have you two ever watched "The United States of Tara"?
Sara:  I have not, so - of course - confused.  But I like the sound of it.  Like The United States of Sara.


I think a good TV show would be "OJA is the New Black."  


No comments:

Post a Comment