Search This Blog

Monday, June 23, 2014

Urgent

A city whose living immediacy is so urgent that when I am in it, I lose all sense of the past.
~ Kenneth Tynan
- - - - -
 
In judicial affairs, we are always looking for ways to be as efficient as possible.  There are times when we have to respond to things immediately.  What I think we have learned is how to discern between a real emergency and something perceived as an emergency by others.  It doesn't mean that we are dismissive of others - at least we don't try to be.  However, we can take our time on some things.
 
Joe:  I can do this tomorrow.  Urgent is a funny thing.  Urgent to some...  not urgent to all.
Me: Thanks, Joe.  I believe in this case we should spell it urgen't.
Joe:  Or N'urgent?
Me:  Y'our correc't.
Joe: T'ank y'u.

No comments:

Post a Comment