Search This Blog

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Catfish

We have sat on the riverbank and caught catfish with pinhooks.  The time has come to harpoon a whale.
~ John Hope
- - - - -
 
I make a lot of lists.  Rarely are they "to do" lists.  More often they are "stuff I thought of" lists.  Sometimes I try to encourage others to participate.  For example when I made the "things that make a catfish angry" list.  I came up with these:
 
1. The school bully (fish travel in schools).
2. When someone tromples all the catfish nip in the garden.
3. Getting cut off in traffic.
4. Mimes
5. Ignorance
6. When people call it a "pond" when it's really a LAKE!
7. Hushpuppies
8. The huge amount of illiteracy in the world.
9. White shoes after Labor Day.
 
Then I asked for others to participate by adding their own responses.
 
Kim:  Cory
 
Since Kim was the first to respond, she was that day's HONORARY CATFISH.  She responded by writing, "First, I want to say thank you to all of my adoring fans..."
 
The next response was Kurt.
 
Kurt:  Acceptance speeches anger catfish and cold rainy Monday mornings.
Cory:  When people get their mullets chopped off.
Cory:  Flaky goldfish food.
 
Why does this matter?  Because catfish are a part of the circle of life, you fools!  Ah!!  I have so much to teach you still.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment