Search This Blog

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Writing

More than kisses, letters mingle souls.
~ John Donne
- - - - -

I have said it before and I will say it again (because I don't think you're listening) that writing letters is very important.  The tangible sharing of language is important.  It connects us in ways that we would otherwise be estranged from one another.  And we're already strange enough.

I think it is important to write well.  Clearly.  In a mechanically correct way.  Or at least as well as you are able.  Take some time and do it well.  Proofread even if you are typing your letter and the computer is checking it for you.

One time I learned that computers sometimes spellcheck penpal as "penal."  

Maybe that is them telling us to whom we should be writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment