Search This Blog

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Parents

(photo by The Man)

Love can change a person the way a parent can change a baby - awkwardly and often with a great deal of mess.
~ Lemony Snicket
- - - - -

I love it when people post photos of their dads on father's day or their moms on mother's day.  It is interesting to see which photos people choose and what stories they share.  I think the stories usually reveal more about the poster than the parent.  Which is true of most all of our stories, I believe.

Mostly I like it because I look at the photos and go, "OH.  So that's why that person turned out like that."

(Incidentally, Sunday is "Parents' Day" by the way.  I wasn't sure if that holiday existed, but it does.  I'm posting this now so you have notice to do something to - I mean FOR your parents on Sunday.  I'm sure this is  another holiday made up by parents to get themselves more gifts and attention.  Parents are so self-centered.)


No comments:

Post a Comment