Search This Blog

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Warnings

(photo by - not sure.  not me.  I think maybe Kurt Earnest)

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
~ Walt Disney
- - - - -

I am going to be moving soon.  I am going to be traveling to South Carolina to find where I will be living soon.  I think I have some options about a place to live.

So, I walked into Sara Kellogg's office and said, "I know you've been really stressed out about me finding a place to live.  Just so you know, I think I have found some possibilities."

Without hesitating she said, "Good.  If you go in to tour a place and you see a giant rat sitting in a chair, don't rent that place."

I said, "A human being in a rat suit or a real rat?"

She paused momentarily, then said, "Well, either.  But if I walked in to a place and saw a person in a rat suit sitting in a chair, I might run screaming from that place.  A real rat and I'd probably say, 'Ew.  Gross,' but a person in a rat suit would be much scarier."

I included the photo above not because Ryan is a rat.  It is just a photo I have with both Sara and I.  And Ryan.  And, for the record, I don't think Ryan would - were he to dress up in an animal costume - dress up as a rat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment