Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Doorknob

I like stepping into the future.  Therefore, I look for doorknobs.
~ Mark Rosen
- - - - -

I wonder if you have to look for doorknobs to step into the past, as well.  Or do you leave those doors open so you can go back whenever you want?  Or do they lock so you can never go back?  I'm guessing it depends on the individual.  And the past.

Is it your own past?  Or are you going into someone else's history?  Even if those doors are open, are they yours to go through?  Sometimes people forget to post "No Trespassing" signs until someone has come in and vandalized them.

Of course this is literally not literal.  

I think you can go back any time you want, but it's kind of like a reverse butterfly effect.  Instead of doing one small thing and changing the future, you carry a vision with you that changes how you see your own past.  Once we have left a moment it becomes almost completely fiction.

Which is why I sometimes take creative liberties when I capture conversations or observations or events in this blog.  We all live revisionist history.  The creative approach I take just makes me a [re]visionary.

Plus, it's more fun this way.


No comments:

Post a Comment